Wednesday, June 6, 2012

So your probably wondering, What's with this guy and Finland?

Well, it is a long story. But a picture is worth a thousand words:

From left to right is Loviisa Louma, Marjukka Julantala, and Inkeri Seppälä
I met these nice young ladies in Sweden, at the world scout Jamboree in the summer of 2011, and we became very good friends, or as good of friends as you can be when you live 8000km away. I live about 10 hours behind them in time as well.
Anyway, these are they. I will give you more detail in a moment:


Hän on Inkeri ^
Inkeri is a girl who used to be my girlfriend. During our six-month long distance relationship, I became very intrigued by what Finland had to offer, and via the internet met more Finnish people. Their names are kinda funny for an American mouth: Heini, Suski, Juho, Katja, but they are all very nice too. Of course, Inkeri propably would not like me telling the world I love her... Oh well.

Anyway, I love Finland almost as much as America. Here are 25 reasons to love Finland!
1. Finns!
2. Finnish language (Suomi)
3. Partio (scouting)
4. Birch trees!
5. Sauna
6. Pesäpallo
7. Muumit (Moomins)
8. Blue cross flag
9. The midnight sun
10. The noon dusk
11. Lapland
12. European monopoly money
13. Safer than the USA
14. Smaller than the USA.
15. Flowpark
16. Freedom
17. Train system
18. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
19. The letter Ä ä
20. The letter Ö ö
21. "Lentokonesuihkuturbiinimoottoriapumekaanikkoaliupseerioppilas"
22. Väiski
23. Katus, ties, and kuja
24. My friends!
25. Snow!

Did I miss anything? Let me know below!


No comments:

Post a Comment