Friday, September 21, 2012

Big Change to 100 dollar bill

I am one of those people in the world who love old
things. I keep a typewriter under my desk, and my telephone has a rotary dial. I think that a mid-80's HP calculator is better than a Ti-anything, and I love the shape and design of American money. I will show you the prettiest bill ever made:

photo at http://planetoddity.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/old-100-dollar-bill-17.jpg


My opinion anyway... all of the US paper money printed used to look like this, the only thing that changed was the value in the corners and the face in the middle. But as time passed and counterfeiters got better, new features were created:

 
The "Large portrait" Bill (from wikimedia)

And I honestly like this bill too. It appears a sleek and modern version of its older cousin, and it is still a c-note. Unfortunately the US bureau of engraving and printing has decided to launch a new series of bill:


The Newest Bill


 Now what is this????!!!!!?????  It looks so decidedly European and ugly! It isn't even green anymore! When I first saw this bill design I almost cried; I cannot believe they would allow such a radical bill into circulation....

But I want to hear from you? What do you think? To leave a comment, click the post title and then go to the bottom of the page. Is this bill obnoxious or am I just stubborn? Should our money even be green anyway? What do you think of that purple bar-thing-y running down the right side? Let us know!



1 comment: