Monday, September 10, 2012

America quiz, and Finland quiz


A long time ago, I had a Finnish girlfriend. And just after we decidid we loved each other, we each made up little quizes abbout our countries for fun. So I present them here:


It's SOOOOO (NIIIIIIIN) On!



 















ENJOY YOUR QUIZES, AND NO INTERNET!!!!!!!!

American quiz for Inkeri Seppälä:

1.      What is a gear-jammer
a.       A special American football play
b.      A poor machine
c.       A truck driver
d.      A police officer in the detective department.
2.      If I say I will “Catch you on the flip side!” It is because I intend to…
a.       Flip you over and catch you.
b.      See you tomorrow
c.       Go to school
d.      Smack you.
3.      In Finnish, you say Perkele to swear. If you say Percolate in America, you are going to?
a.       Well, swear of course!
b.      Complain about your problems
c.       Argue with a baseball umpire
d.      Make coffee
4.      I tell you to jump in a lake, why?
a.       You told me to do something I do not want.
b.      I love you.
c.       You need to change television channels
d.      You’re too pretty
5.      When I say I am putting my foot down,
a.       It’s the last straw
b.      I am fed up
c.       I am adamant you stop
d.      All of the above.
6.      7 eleven is a
a.       Yeah, I already told you.
7.      In American Football, you are losing 14 to 6. You score a touchdown with 5 minutes left. Do you go for two?
a.       Yes, because then you are tied
b.      No, because there is enough time to get the ball back.
c.       No, because you if you fail, you are still losing.
d.      What the hell am I talking about?
8.      If I were to really love you, I would tell you by…
a.       Phone
b.      Letter
c.       Face to face
d.      Trick question, by email because you are in Finland
9.      What is Chili?
a.       A bean filled sauce
b.      A slang term for a banana.
c.       A snowball
d.      A car.
10.   The best place to buy a hamburger (according to me) is at….
a.       McDonald’s
b.      Burger King
c.       A&W
d.      I have no idea; McDonald’s is the only place to buy Hamburgers in Finland.
11.   America has four big sports. Which one has the longest season?
a.       Baseball
b.      Football
c.       Ice Hockey (We do play it here)
d.      Basketball
12.   A brush-back is a?
a.       A way of sweeping a floor
b.      A baseball tactic
c.       To try to punch something behind you
d.      A device for cleaning your back.
13.  Which word is spelled correctly?
a.       Colour
b.      Flavour
c.       Thurough
d.      Meter
 True or False

14.  A slinky is a type of snake native to Oregon.
15.  Everyone here can tell you where Finland is.

16.  What is the American term for this, “Hiukset vapaana”?

17.  Does it snow where I live?

Finland Quiz

I didn't use internet or any other outside-my-head-information in my quiz, so I hope you try to do this without them too. Enjoy! :)

1. What's the Finland's national sport?
            a. Jääkiekko (ice hockey)  It is probabaly D, but you seem crazy for it. I wish it were c,       naturally
            b. Jalkapallo (football
            c. Pesäpallo (baseball)
d. Suunnistus (orienteering)

2. What happens the first of May, vappu?
            a. Nothing. It's a boooring day.
            b. It's a working class celebration, and people decorate places with balloons and streamer.
            c. It's our independence day, so we celebrate Finland and watch TV.
            d. 'vappu' means spring, so it's just in calendars so that people know it's spring.

3. Which famous technology brand is from Finland?
            a. Volvo 
            b. Nokia
            c. Sony
            d. Apple

4. If you want to go to movie in Finland, where you should go?
            a. Finnkino
            b. Leffaluola
            c. Movieparadice
            d. Elo-kuva

5. What's the meaning of sauna for Finns?
            a. Well, it's a Finnish invention, but no one ever goes there, it's so uncomfortable.
            b. It's very important, almost a holy place. We clean it every week, we go there every day.
            c. Almost every residence here includes sauna, and we go there 1-4 times a week.
            d. Some like, some don’t like, and they who like go there about once a month or something.

6. When we say ’ei ole kaikki muumit laaksossa’ (all the moomins are not in the valley) what do we mean with that?
            a. one have lost something
            b. one don’t have any money
            c. it means just what it says
            d. one isn’t very clever

 7. What's scouting in Finnish?
            a. partio
            b. kattila
            c. kuori
            d. lounas

8. Which one of these is spelled correctly?
            a. Osan
            b. puhuun
            c. soitavat
            d. halaat (I just think so, which is too bad, because I say I want to learn this)

9. Who was Jean Sibelius?
            a. He's from France, what's this question??
            b. He was our second president
            c. He was our national composer
            d. He invented modern rye bread

10. If a stereotypic Finn is in the middle of other people, what is he/she thinking?
            a. Uhh, bacterias!
            b. What do those people think of me?
            c. Oh yeah, so much new friends here!
            d. I must show those people I'm here- (and he/she starts to dance or sing very loud)

11. What's 'mämmi'?
            a. It's a traditional, brown dessert
            b. We call our grandmothers that way
            c. It's the hero of our legends
            d. It's a style of music   

12. Finland is a bilingual country. Which is the second language?
            a. English
            b. Swedish
            c. Russian
            d. Saame

13. Why I don't like to keep my hair down in the winter?
            a. Because it's not cool
            b. Because I just like braids so much
            c. Because the frost makes them stick out and it looks freaky because they are so long
            d. Because they cling everywhere

 14. In the mid winter, how long is our day?
            a. Twelwe hours, of course.
            b. Three hours and fiftyfour minutes.
            c. As long as my school day.
            d. What day? We don't have a day then.

15. If you were lost in Turku, what landmark would you search?
            a. The cathedral
            b. 'näsineula'-tower
            c. Eiffel-tower
            d. No idea. (


16. Home is an English word, but it's also a Finnish word. What does that mean?
            a. Same as in English
            b. Mould
            c. Very dear friend 
            d. Soap

18. When will you visit here in Finland?


 Leave your Answers in the Comments section and I will score it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment