Monday, October 22, 2012

There's was not to wonder why, there's was but to do and die.

Those are words from a rather famous poem, about "The Charge of the Light Brigade" The story of a British charge in the Crimean war which was totally obliterated.
So I am inspired to relate:

I suppose I never really cared
About our little Bunny
our stupid, boring, sleeping hare.
I thought it rather funny.
But, like every other thing
Alive in this sweet place
My Rabbits name, doth it ring
and passed on to it's fate.
I am sorry Mr. Rabbit
that I ever mocked you so
For I did make it such a habit
I was so sad to see you go
Lay peacefully at rest
in your grave in the ground
in heaven with your brethrin abreast
Happily eat and bound.
For  you never really did receive
The love you did diserve
I'm sorry I did not believe
in your eternal worth.
So goodbye my sweet pet Lop
My underappreciated friend
Across Elysian fields hop
Until universe's end.
Goodbye Mr. Nibbles the Rabbit
Unkown birth (But purchased at county fair 3 years ago) - 10.20.12.

I suppose it is rather childish to write a poem to a departed pet, such as my rabbit, or to even shed a tear at it's death. But I am indeed saddened, for it brings us all a little closer to our inevitable demise, in a way, and to me, it shows us we must cherish what we love now, rather than once it is too late to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment