Sunday, October 21, 2012

The QM, Long beach, and a vacation

Alll I could think of when I laid eyes on her the first time was:
WHAT A BIG, ENORMOUS, GIGANTIC BOAT!


This is a segment running opposite "Der Tag" wherein I tell of my vacation over last summer:
We had a little while in Long Beach before our plane left so we went and visited the ship. She is now a luxery hotel.


I had to make her picture huge too, notice how she dwarfs her submarine companion. Notice the Russian sub has windows.


After having a look at the queen of the ocean, we went to the Long beach airport for our plane to Alaska.



The Original art-deco terminal has been preserved, and is definately a great example of 1950's airport design at it's best.


You get on the old-fashioned way at Long Beach, up the stairs... Or, since our plane was so tiny, up a modest ramp.

And there you have it, heading north to ALASKA!

No comments:

Post a Comment