Friday, July 13, 2012

What exactly is camping? (part 2)

I am a Boy Scout, and I LOVE to camp! It is fun, exciting and adventurous. But what is it exactly? At what point are you being "too much of a city slick" I know of a few people who would argue that unless you reached your campsite by foot or horse, you are not truly camping, whereas some people argue that driving a motorcoach and parking it in a rustic locale constitutes perfectly acceptable camping. Some even believe that staying in a summer-cottage, providing certain conditions are met, is also camping. So no I give my say on the subject, in a three-part series. Two days ago were the rules of camping, today are the camping DQ's, and the third day will deal with Trailers, RV's and Summer-cottage.

Sorry readers! I did not mean to skip a day, but I went to my grandparents' house for the night and could not post. (But I had a great time with my relatives)

So these are Roney's camping DQ's, a set of guidelines which nullify a "Camping Trip" and relegate it to an "Outdoor getaway":
  1. You sleep in your car. Under the car counts as camping, but in it? No spirit!
  2. You bring an air mattress
  3. You inflate your air mattress with an electric compressor
  4. You bring a kitchen sink (It's been done)
  5. You bring a shower (it's also been done)

I am sorry I do not have any pictures of these DQs, but I do not commit them very often, and do not want it remembered when I do!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, this was a funny post! I also love camping, it's just awesome :)

    ReplyDelete